Volunteer Opportunities at WNC Sculpture
We appreciate any and all interest to lend a hand with the operation of our sculpture park and studio. We could always use some help with various aspects to running our organization. From tending to the grounds to dressing our studio building, we welcome anyone who is willing to come and work with us.
In addition to our promoted community volunteer workdays, we welcome anyone to email us at email@example.com or through the contact page on this website. Please include available dates and tasks that you are physically able and interested to be involved with. There is no such thing as a little help, every effort is vital to our community based focus and we look forward to working with you.
Work with Renowned Sculptor Patrick Dougherty!
First come first serve basis.
WNCSC is thrilled to welcome Patrick Dougherty to the sculpture park to execute one of his large scale woven sculptures! This project has been generously provided by the tireless efforts of Liza Plaster and for that we are most grateful.
The nature of Dougherty's studio practice is one which includes the community to execute his internationally recognized works.
We are looking for groups of 4 volunteers for 2 work sessions per day. Volunteers will work from 8-12 in the morning and from 1-5 in the afternoon.
FREE LODGING IS PROVIDED. The Patterson School Foundation has agreed to host volunteers from out of town at no charge in exchange for their help with this project.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to interact directly with Patrick Dougherty. He will be guiding volunteers through his practice and will be working along side everyone.
See more of Patrick Dougherty's work at
A few requests from WNCSC
• Please limit your sign up to no more than 5 consecutive days.
• You are able to sign up multiple people through our online platform.
•Please be sure to wear close toed shoes and bring safety glasses and a face masks to be worn when needed.
• We will be following CDC recommendations regarding social distancing and mask wearing (indoors). All work for the project will be conducted outdoors.
Details of Accommodations for Your Stay
WNC Sculpture is located on the former Patterson School campus. Volunteers will be able to stay at the dorm building on campus through the generous support of the Patterson School Foundation.
Features of the dorm:
• communal kitchen
• 2 beds per room - individuals who already live together are eligible to stay together
• a 5 minute walk to the sculpture park and Dougherty's project work site
• restaurants and grocery stores are a 15 minute drive
• located in beautiful Happy Valley
• 15 minute drive from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Blowing Rock, NC