Artist Internship Program
2020 Summer Internship Internship Overview:
The Western North Carolina Sculpture Park is looking for interns to live and work at WNCSP from mid May through August 1st. Internship dates are flexible and do not have to last the full two and a half months. The minimum duration is 4 weeks and could extend beyond August should applicants are interested. Specific date of arrival and departure will be made individually depending on a mutually agreeable schedule.
• The workload is approximately 25 hours per week
• Interns will have access to studio facilities
• Interns are encouraged to exhibit their work at the sculpture park
• Duties include: assist in sculpture installation, maintenance, weed eating, trail maintenance, assist in park events and workshops, represent WNCSP at our booth in community events, possibly social media management or web site work
• Requirements: work well with others, self directed, studio are experience is preferred, community oriented, task oriented, reliable
• Food, travel and sculpture materials are the responsibility of the intern
• Attend one workshop per month for free
• Free lodging - a private bedroom with a communal kitchen and shared bathroom accommodations. Living at the sculpture park is optional but not required.
• Access to the WNCSP vegetable garden
• We are happy to facilitate necessary communication with an academic institution for internship or course credit
• Access to studio space and equipment
• Equipment training will be available when necessary
• Should chosen interns choose to install personal work built while here, assistance will be provided for install
How to Apply:
• Submit all requested materials in a single .pdf document to
• Letter of Intent - no more than one page, list why you are interested in the program at WNCSC, any skills you are interested in learning about and your requested dates for the internship.
• Link to website/portfolio or 5-10 images or video of recent work. Videos should not exceed 1 minute.
• Image key for images included (if needed with no website link), to include: title, materials, year, dimensions
• updated resume or CV
• artist statement
• list of three references with email and phone number contact information
• Subject of email: Internship Application
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
•Deadline is March 14, 2020 at midnight. Late submissions will not be considered
Applicants will be notified by April 4, 2020.
We appreciate your interest in working with us and look forward to reviewing your application.